The fashion of today has progressed so much than the fashion we saw while growing up.
These days, almost every week or month, you get to see new brands emerging with unique designs and ideas for clothing targeting their respective niches.
Safe to say, the fashion industry of today is experiencing a slow but progressive revolution. And these are not just statements. In fact, according to research, fitness, and sports clothing brands will surprise other fashion brands by earning $250 billion by the end of 2024.
So what makes these sports and fitness brands so distinct and unique? The answer lies in the changing trends, the demands put forth by the customers, and the availability of products in the market.
Whether having a casual breakfast session with your friends and co-workers or planning to hit the gym on a quiet Sunday morning, you will come across several people wearing fitness joggers and custom fitness uniforms.
The significant change of casual gym clothes to a more formal branded fitness wear has left many brands flabbergasted, but at the same time, were also given an opportunity to bring out something fresh and exciting for the customers.
Unlike others, if you are planning to launch your custom fitness wear in 2020, follow these useful branding and marketing strategies to create an active business presence in the market.
- Finding the right fitness merchandise idea should be your priority
Starting your own custom fitness merchandise brand gets a little challenging if you have not planned it properly. It follows the same strategy and applies the same rules as other brands available in the market.
Finding the right idea, a business concept for your brand, and means of communication to your audience. And if you have the proper research skills, your brand will get all the attention in the market.
Sadly, for a majority of the retail owners, the stage of planning your business is declining, and coming up with interesting ideas for your brand demands creative skills that they don’t have.
However, if you lack the creative side, don’t fear. There are many business strategies available that you can use wisely. But first, to bring a fresh fitness merchandise idea for your audience, try to understand the grounds of physical activity and why people invest so much of their time in it.
Diving into the market research about your niche, consumer tastes, and preferences, competitors, and their products will you detailed insight and understanding of what fitness products can bring value to the consumers and why they should choose your brand.
- Are you following the current market trends?
Due to the sudden influx of customized fitness wear available in the market, more and more people are wearing workout clothes casually. And due to such transformation of the street-wear, the apparel industry is transforming into a billion-dollar market.
The rise and demand for athleisure were monitored in 2018 when more and more people wore athleisure clothes to work, parties, picnics, hiking, and other excursions. Even the most prominent sports personalities and celebrities were endorsing street-wear brands selling custom fitness apparel.
When developing your fitness merchandise for your target market, think of all the recent fashion trends happening right now, and changes in the consumer tastes and preferences. Check out the following market researches:
- In two years, the demand for athleisure clothing has transformed the active-wear products containing moisture-wicking elements, odor-free fabrics, and sustainable products. Almost 90% of consumers believe that athleisure clothing is the way forward.
- Plus size fitness wear market is growing at a stable rate with many renowned brands now offering plus size clothes. Nike has started its line of branded plus size active-wear alongside plenty of other brands following the same norm.
- The active swimwear category in the sports brands is progressing at a rapid speed. According to a research study, the demand for swimwear increased by 76% with 44% growth in swimwear suits, and 130% growth in bikini suits.
- The desire to wear fitness shorts has also transformed the fitness clothing industry, monitoring a 2000% surge in the demand of the consumers.
- Put creative thoughts in designing your custom fitness clothing
Now that you have put your thoughts on paper, it is time to bring them to life. One of the most critical elements needed to flourish a business is creating appealing designs for the customers.
Interesting and unique designs of your products will gather the attention of shoppers and will entice them to purchase your products. Research suggests that the Asian region is the fastest region for sportswear sales, generating 7% growth annually.
This suggests that multiple brands are willing to splash the cash in the sector to gather the attention of the consumers with their designs. Your product design should define your ideology and how you perceive your products for the customers.
It should be the reflection of the audience you are building. It will help you generate a broader audience in the future.